Top 10 Goal Setting Tips

“Most People Go To Where The Puck Is, I Go To Where It’s Going To Be”*

Writing your goals down on paper seems like such a simple step, but less than 3% of the population ever bother to do it. Yet those same 3% own more wealth than all of the other 97% combined.

It’s power lies in the fact that before you can achieve anything worthwhile, you must know exactly what it is that you want. After all how can you make your dreams come true if you’re unclear about what they are?

The law of cause and effect states that you always reap what you have sown. In other words, whatever you plant in the fertile soil of your imagination with clarity of vision, then nurture with action, will inevitably reap you a bountiful harvest.

“As You Think, So You Become”*

By putting your goals on paper, you activate The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind {<Free Copy} by Joseph Murphy. Which then sets in motion the law of attraction because whatever you think about the most starts to flow towards you as you move toward it.

“Think Little Goals And Expect Little Achievements. Think Big Goals And Win Big Success”

My Top 10 Goal Setting Tips have helped me to achieve many things that I used to think were impossible. They helped put me on the track to personal success, and they can do the same for you.

1- Figure out what you love to do, then find a way to do it

  • Commit to excellence in your chosen field
  • Master your craft
  • Do your homework
  • Go the extra mile
  • Commit to being in the top 10%
  • Turn your car into a university on wheels

2- Define exactly what it is that you want

3- Put it in writing

4- Set a date

  • Set 1 month, 1 year, 2 year, 5 year, and long term goals
  • Break each goal down into simple steps
  • Create a plan for achieving every goal by sitting for ideas
  • Think long term, but…chip away at the stone every day
  • Remember the power of compound interest in taking consistent action

5- Always prioritize

6- Take consistent action

  • Welcome the disciplines
  • Link pain to not taking action
  • Link pleasure to taking action
  • Get addicted to the endorphin rush of achievement
  • Use the Dickens Pattern
  • Go with the flow of momentum
  • Instead of debating it “just do it now”
  • Always schedule in some play time
  • Take one day off to enjoy life every week

7- Work at least one half hour everyday on your major goal

  • Whether it’s playing an instrument
  • Or writing a book
  • Just get started
  • Stay motivated
  • Become a Lord Of Self-Discipline
  • Take one day off per week
  • Enjoy the journey

8- Visualize it often

9- Act the part

10- Reward yourself for every success

  • Remember that it’s not what you get
  • It’s the person that you become
  • Pat yourself on the back
  • But don’t rest on your laurels

Remember “You Miss 100% Of The Shots That You Don’t Take”*

See you at the finish line, – Herb.

Quotes – *Wayne Gretzky, *Bruce Lee, *David Schwartz, *Wayne Gretzky


© 2018, Herb Norcott. All rights reserved.


What do you think?