Tag Archives: goals

Sincerity Of Purpose

See Your Target

In order to achieve success, you must first establish your definite major purpose. And your odds of making that dream come true will be in proportion to your sincerity in providing others with a better product or service.

Sincerity of purpose pays off in self-respect. And when you conduct your life with integrity, and stay congruent with your greater purpose, you tap into the depths of your mind that will help guide you to wealth, fame, and true success.

When Abraham Lincoln was told that his enemies were saying horrible things about him behind his back, he said, “I don’t care what they say, so long as they’re not telling the truth.” – Indeed Abe.

Sincerity of purpose depends on your motives. Therefore, it’s something that others question before granting you their time, thoughts, or money.

Don’t Expect Something For Nothing

Before starting out on any course of action, ask yourself what your motives are. Of course, you’re right to seek out some personal gain in any worthwhile endeavour, but you must also create value for others.

Sincerity of purpose is one of the hardest things to prove to others, but you must be willing and eager to do so. When you do your best to help others and to make a difference in their lives, you cast a spell that sets in motion many laws of mind, especially the law of cause and effect.

Plant The Seed In Your Mind

A great example is Martha Berry, the founder of a school for poor children whose parents couldn’t afford to pay for their education.

Keeping the school afloat financially was hard in the early days. But fortunately, Martha was able to arrange an appointment with the legendary Henry Ford. Yet unfortunately, Ford refused to give her a donation.

Martha then asked him if he would give her a bushel of peanuts. And Ford, so amused by her request, decided to give her the money for the peanuts.

Martha then helped her students to plant, replant, and sell the peanuts for profit until they had accumulated a considerable amount of money.

Then she went back to Ford and showed him how much she had multiplied his small donation. Impressed, Ford then donated enough tractors and other farm equipment to make her school/farm self-supportive.

And as the years passed by, Ford ended up giving her over one million dollars to help build the beautiful stone buildings that adorned the campus.

A Worthy Pursuit Wins The Day

When asked about it, Ford said, “I couldn’t help being impressed with her sincerity and the marvelous way she applied it on behalf of needy boys and girls.”

Martha’s belief in her purpose was so strong that by her sincerity of purpose she persuaded the reluctant Ford to do what at first he refused to do by showing him that she was on a mission so worthy that she would never succumb to adversity.

In NLP: The New technology Of Achievement {<Free Audiobook}, which is one of my Top 10 Self-Help books, they show you how to discover and remain congruent with your mission in life just like Martha did.

The Tough Get Going

When the going gets tough, and it always does, your sincerity of purpose will help you to ride out the storm. When you know in your heart that you’re providing real value, your purpose will eventually become self-evident to others.

By proving that you have a sincere desire to help people, you can achieve your life’s purpose and all of your personal goals. But more than that, since wealth is a relative thing, you’ll find lasting peace within yourself. And that goes well beyond the monetary because it is truly… priceless.

Regards, – Herb.

 

Share

How To Get What You Want

The first step to success is to define exactly what it is that you want

When you heed to the call that beckons from within to accomplish something great – put it in writing. Because only 3% of the population ever put their goals down on paper, and that same 3% own more wealth than the other 97% combined.

In Leading An Inspired Life, which is #9 on my Top 10 List Of Self-Help Books,  Jim Rohn says that the difference between a goal-directed person and somebody without goals is like the difference between a Wimbledon champion and a kid hitting some tennis balls against the side of a building.

Despite the importance of setting goals, very few people actually take advantage of this first simple step to wealth and happiness.

In all areas of your life, meditate upon what it is that you want. Lie down, go for a walk by the lake, or sit for ideas in a quiet place – whatever it is for you, but think deeply without any disturbances.

Keep in mind that your concept of yourself affects all the other areas of your life, so they will affect your goal setting as well. For example, if you really want to become a writer, but you don’t think that you’re imaginative enough, then you’ll give up on that goal and settle for less than you really want to be.

Don’t settle for less, follow your heart, and you’ll find true happiness

Use the law of assumption  which sets in motion the powerful law of attraction. After you’ve figured out what you want, put it in writing, then read about and dwell upon it often.

Practice seeing it in your mind’s eye, and feeling it as though it were a present fact, especially when you go to bed and wake up in the morning because it sets in motion The Power Of The Subconscious Mind  {<Free Copy} by Joseph Murphy.

In Maximum Achievement {<Free audio} Brian Tracy refers to goal setting as the master skill. “Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.”

And Napoleon Hill in Think And Grow Rich {<Free Copy} instills the importance of having a definite major purpose.

Plant the seed of a worthy goal in the fertile soil of your mind, then let it take root by living it in the now in your imagination.

Give it time to grow and chip away at the stone day by day. And before you know it your dreams will come true, and your life will blossom as you reach for the sun.

The Bottom Line

Welcome the disciplines and become a lord of self-discipline because action completes the miracle process.

You should also check out my Top Ten Goal Tips, and  remember nothing great has ever been accomplished by being a couch potato.

Regards, – Herb.

 

 

 

Share

Top 10 Goal Setting Tips

The Core Essentials To All Success

Writing your goals down on paper is such a simple step, yet less than 3% of all people ever bother to do this. But those same 3% own more wealth than all of the other 97% combined.

But first you must specifically define what it is that you want because without knowing what your target is you’ll never even know where to aim.

The law of cause and effect states that you reap what you sow because whatever you plant in the fertile soil of your imagination with clarity of vision, then nurture with action, will inevitably reap you a bountiful harvest.

And by putting your goals on paper, you activate The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind {<Free Copy} by Joseph Murphy , which then sets in motion the law of attraction.

My top 10 steps to setting and reaching goal have helped me to achieve, or put me on track to achieve all of my highest ambitions. And they can do the same for you.

1- Figure out what you love to do, then find a way to do it

  • Commit to excellence in you chosen field
  • Master your craft
  • Do your homework
  • Go the extra mile
  • Commit to being in the top 10%
  • Turn your car into a university on wheels

2- Define exactly what it is that you want

3- Put it in writing

4- Set a date

  • Set 1 month, 1 year, 2 year, 5 year, and long term goals
  • Set a deadline for your major goal
  • Create a plan by sitting for ideas
  • Think long term, but…
  • chip away at the stone
  • Set sub deadlines
  • Remember the power of compound interest in taking consistent action

5- Always prioritize

  • Focus on, then eliminate your most important daily goals first
  • Read Eat That Frog {<Free Copy} by Brian Tracy
  • Do the 20% of things that make 80% of the difference
  • Don’t waste time with the trivial non essentials
  • Learn the 4Ds

6- Take consistent action

  • Use my trick – tell yourself to “Just Do It Now”
  • Link pain to inaction
  • Link pleasure to taking action
  • Use the Dickens Pattern
  • Go with the flow of momentum

7- Everyday work at least half an hour on your major goal

  • Read and study success
  • Enjoy the journey

8- Visualize it frequently

9- Act the part

10- Reward yourself for every success

  • Pat yourself on the back
  • But don’t rest on your laurels

See you at the finish line, – Herb.

 

 

Share